Rental Prep Technician New York
Procam NY supplies the Television Broadcast Industry with Video, Audio, and Lighting Equipment Rental, production resources and crews. Procam’s goal is to consistently provide high quality services in a flexible and efficient manner to meet the needs of our clients. Our future depends on maintaining these standards. As Rental Prep Technician, you are an integral part of the Procam Team and you play an important role in this success.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work closely with Rental Technician/s and Bookings staff to ensure smooth operations of the kit room and company
- Perform specific duties as may be assigned by the VP’s
- Maintain professional approach with staff and clients
- Responsible for maintaining and developing client relations
- Ability to adapt to flexible schedule to accommodate any necessary late/early collections/ deliveries
- Primary responsibility to assist with testing and maintaining rental equipment
- Responsible for assisting Technical Supervisor with prepping and de-prepping of equipment
- Test and record all cameras prior to collection by clients. Assist Technical Supervisor with maintaining log for future reference
- Notify Technical Supervisor or Broadcast Engineer of any losses and damages asap
- Endeavor to turn equipment returns around within 48hrs
- Perform general office and administrative duties as needed
- Provide refreshments for clients during meetings, check-outs, etc
- Coordinate equipment shipping and deliveries when necessary
- Responsible for coordinating sub rental pick-ups and returns
- Assist management with repairs, loss and damages
- Maintain accurate records to ensure technical excellence
- Maintain all Procam equipment
- Attend daily job meetings with Technical Supervisor, VP’s, Production and Bookings
- Operate equipment inventory software efficiently and accurately
- When required, assist Broadcast Engineer with research and source of equipment sub-rentals and purchase equipment to assist with build of client quotes
- Assist technically on set when required
- Assist clients loading equipment in and out
- Create and maintain log of trouble shooting incidents
- Assist with out of office hours emergency technical support when required
- Maintain security procedures protocol for Procam offices
- Maintain personnel and equipment safety procedures in Kit Room
- Responsible for opening / closing office when required
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned from time to time
- Demonstrate initiative in assuming new responsibilities as needs arise
- Ability to work independently and to be responsible, enthusiastic, proactive and self-motivated.
- Strong time management and analytical skills, including ability to multi-task effectively.
- Strong computer skills.
- Interpersonal skills necessary in order to effectively communicate in a professional manner in person and over the telephone.
- Flexible approach towards technical support; may require irregular hours, including nights and weekends.