Dana Dolly Portable Dolly System
The Dana Dolly Portable Dolly System Rental Kit with universal track ends is a heavy duty camera dolly platform that rides on 16 custom modified soft polyurethane wheels that resist flat spotting and use ABEC-7 rated precision bearings providing you with extremely smooth dolly shots. This kit is complete with 75, 100, and 150mm bowl adapters, and comes in a custom flight case. Add to kit list
The dolly platform is machined from aluminum and features a standard Mitchell mount including a 2.75" center hole with a machined keyway. The platform incorporates one 3/8" through hole, one 1/4"-20 threaded hole, and one 3/8"-16 threaded hole on each side of the dolly platform for a total of 6 accessory mounting holes. The rental kit includes a monitor mount with a ball head adapter. The Dana Dolly is designed and manufactured in the USA.
Custom Machined Track Wheels
- The key to the Dana dolly's smooth ride is the 16 custom machined track wheels.
- The wheels are custom made soft, then turned down to be round within 1/1000 of an inch to eliminate the "bounce" that normal skateboard wheels suffer from.
- You can park the dolly with 100 pounds of camera and accessories on the track at 100° F for an hour without the wheels flat spotting.
- Another benefit from the machining the wheels is reduced squeak during use.
- The wheels are custom modified 16 at a time on a special machine, providing uniformity.
- The wheel trucks can swivel on the dolly, which allows it to ride on the straight and round track.
- A felt washer separates the dolly platform from the wheel trucks, helping to reduce noise.
- The included T-Tool features a 1/2, 9/16, and 3/8" ends.
- It allows you to tighten the wheel trucks using the 9/16th end to suit your taste.
- The Mitchell mount features an elongated keyway, allowing you to use non-standard adapters.
- Track supports fit into available standard Junior stand receivers or 5/8" Baby pin, although Dana Dolly recommends the use of available beefy baby stands at a minimum and to avoid thin-walled aluminum stands