Panasonic previewed the EVA1 at the Cine Gear Expo 2017 in Los Angeles, USA. The EVA1 is a new EF mount, 5.7K cinema camera, offering 4K up to 60p and 2K up to 240p. Compact and lightweight, the EVA1 is tailor-made for handheld shooting, but also well suited for documentaries, commercials, and music videos. With its size and new 5.7K sensor, the EVA1 is positioned between the Panasonic Lumix GH5 4K mirrorless camera and the VariCam LT 4K cinema camera. The VariCam line-up is known for its low light performance, and the EVA1 too, includes dual native ISO. The camera is scheduled for release in the fall of 2017.
• The newly developed 5.7 K Super 35mm image sensor achieves high-quality 4K/10-bit 4:2:2 images.
• The wide 14-stop dynamic range, V-Log gamma and wide-color gamut V-Gamut colorimetry, which are inherited from the VariCam Series, ensure cinema-like pictures.
• Dual native ISO of 800/2500 offers very high sensitivity with low noise.
• Supports High-frame-rate recording of 4K 60 fps/2K 240 fps maximum.
• The IR (infrared ray) cut filter ON/OFF mechanism provides the ability to shoot fantasy-like IR images with Cinematography mode.
• The main unit is lightweight and compact, weighing only 1.2 kg (Main unit only, excluding the handle, grip and LCD monitor)
• It is equipped with an EF lens mount.
• The LCD monitor features a touch-panel function and allows flexible mounting.
• The detachable handle and rotary grip add a new dimension of mobility by enabling the installation of the camera to a drone or gimbal.
EVA1 CAMERA SPECIFICATIONS
|Super 35||4K 60p / 2K up to 240p|
|Dual Native ISO||Video Codec up to 400 Mbps for Robust Recording|
|Beautiful Colorimetry||V-log & V-gamut|
|SD Card Recording|
|5.7K Raw Output (future update)|
|Lens / Image Path||Other|
|EF Mount||XLR Audio Inputs|
|Electronic Image Stabilisation (EIS)||HDMI & SDI 4K Video Outputs|
|IR Cut In/Out||1.2kg|
|ND Filter Wheel (2/4/6 stops)||6.69" x 5.31" x 5.23" (LxHxW)|